Monday 23 June 2014

SusTrans



When setting up this blog, I had a look around for information on shared paths for cycles & pedestrians. I stumbled on a blog showing a project in Winchester that was done in conjunction with sustrans. I've written to sustrans to see if they can help with this project.
info:
20th May (email to reception@sustrans.org.uk)
Do you have any official info on the work you did to improve Route-23...
http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map/route/route-23


I'm trying to get a shared used cycle path improved & I'm starting a petition to show the council how much people want the improvement. I'd like to share info on how you managed the project with Winchester council.
The reception at sustrans passed my email unto Nick Farthing, who prompted me for more info:
28th May (email from Nick Farthing)
Jon – let me have some more details and I will see how I might be able to assist.
...to which I responded.
2nd June (email to Nick Farthing)
My blog has some background: http://thehatchespath.blogspot.co.uk/ on the state of the path, and I've started a petition to increase awareness in the hope it give Surrey County Council a better chance of allocating funds.

I stumbled across your guys in the project you did in conjunction with Winchester council. Do you think you'd be able to help with improving the Hatches Path too?
I had no response from Nick so chased him for info...
23rd June (email to Nick Farthing)
I was wondering if you had a chance to review my blog? Do you think this would be a suitable project that sustrans could help with? I'm just reviewing all avenues at the moment to help this along.

I'll update my blog with info on whether this is a good fit for help from sustrans.
I'm not sure whether this is a suitable project for sustrans to help with, but I'd like to get their view on whether they can help or not...

No comments :

Post a Comment