Wednesday 13 August 2014

Surrey Heath Local Committee mtg: Thu 3rd July: Follow up (13th Aug)

Further to my previous follow up, I received this email from Nicola (Surrey Heath Local committee)
Tue 22nd July  (from: nicola.thorntonbryar@surreycc.gov.uk)

I was pleased that you were able to attend the Local Committee and hear the response to your written question...

The minutes will be posted on line once completed, together with the notes of the public questions and the answers to written questions - I will let you know as soon as this is posted...
Meanwhile, Luke Dawson responded a few weeks later...
Thu 31st July  (from: luke.dawson@surreycc.gov.uk)

Thank you for your email, my usual response time has been delayed further by the current warm weather which is causing a lot of overgrowth on the Public Rights of Way in my management area. So please accept my apologies for the delay. I have scheduled a meeting with a contractor next week to discuss what remedial works are required. I hope the works can be carried out soon after, depending on the agreement of any affected parties. 

If you would like to discuss this more over the phone, please do not hesitate to contact me.

 ...I responded with this...
Thu 31st July  (from: luke.dawson@surreycc.gov.uk)

Thanks for your email. Yes, it must be a busy time of year for you guys! I gave you a quick call but it went to VM. I'll try again later or if you get a chance could you call me?

It would be good to have the grass verges cut back as far as the tarmac goes. The other big improvement would be to patch the worst of the potholes (near middle of path where I've put up a petition sign).

 ...and Luke called me shortly afterwards. Luke told me he was visiting the site with an inspector w/b 11th Aug. We discussed the funding issues, etc. He said the CAT work with a small budget and also ask volunteers to help out with some projects. I said I'd like to see what funding the Surrey County Council were prepared to help with and then no help if forth coming we may need to resort to volunteers doing the work ;0\

It's now Wed 13th Aug and I haven't heard anything further from the council, or Luke. I'll chase them again tomorrow...

No comments :

Post a Comment